The eighth annual Faculty/Staff Open Walls exhibit is an opportunity for UofL employees who are not professional or exhibited artists to share their work. In 2018, more than 30 artists from throughout the university participated. Those interested in participating can fill out the required form.
Exhibit: June 12-27, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
Photographic Archives gallery, east wing, lower level, Ekstrom Library
Artist reception June 12, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., outside the gallery
- All media (i.e., sculpture, painting, photography, woodworking, mixed media, fiber art, jewelry, crafts) will be accepted.
- Because of space limitations, Open Walls can only accommodate two pieces from each participant.
- Employee visual artists who want to participate should submit the registration form via email by 5 p.m. May 20, 2019.
- Past Open Walls participants are encouraged to exhibit; please enter artwork that is new to Open Walls.
Artists will be included on a first-come basis. Sponsors will do their best to include all who wish to share their work, but they have sole discretion on what will be displayed.
- Accepted artists will receive confirmation via email.
- Artists who receive confirmation will deliver their artwork to the Photographic Archives, lower level, Ekstrom Library, Wednesday, May 29, 2019 between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- All hanging art must be ready to hang, including hanging hardware (nail, or nail and picture hook, for example).
- Artists must supply materials required for special displays, such as a pedestal for a large sculpture or a hanging quilt rod or stand for a quilt.
- All art must have the artist’s name on it or attached to it somewhere.
- A reception for artists and their guests will be held 11 a.m.-1 p.m. June 12, 2019 in the east wing, lower level, Ekstrom Library (outside Photographic Archives). Participants are encouraged to attend.
- Artists must bring their receipt and retrieve their work between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Friday, June 28, 2019.
- For further information contact Niki King at 852-2566.