Expect the street to be filled with inflatables, music and lots and lots of people.
The event, which is free and open to the public, is 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, on Cardinal Boulevard between Third and Fourth streets. Now in its eighth year, the party will be directly outside of Cardinal Towne.
Organizers are expecting about 3,500 people to attend.
“This is considered a UofL Tradition,” said Nick Whitmer, chair of the Student Activities Board Homecoming Committee. “It’s a great time and we hope everyone comes out.”
The block party will feature a wide variety of activities for students, employees, families and friends, including:
- Performances by the Louisville Crashers, popular cover band featuring long-time veterans of Louisville’s music scene, and Jack Holiday and the Westerners, a student band.
- Inflatables, including an obstacle course, climbing wall, jousting arena, miniature putt-putt course and activities for all ages.
- Tricycle race. Student groups participate to earn points for the Homecoming Spirit Competition. This replaces the bed races that traditionally were held at the event.
- Free food, including hot dogs
- Cardinal Towne businesses will participate by having street booths, free food samples and specials.
Sponsors for the Block Party are the Student Activities Board, Cardinal Towne, Club Programming Committee and Pepsi.
UofL’s Homecoming football game will be Oct. 29.
For more information, visit the UofL Block Party Facebook page.