The public event begins at 6 p.m. and honors New York University Professor Arthur R. Miller, an author, civil procedure expert and frequent commentator on law and society. He has moderated and appeared on the PBS series “The Constitution: That Delicate Balance” and ABC’s Good Morning America and has hosted several weekly issue shows on national television.
Miller will moderate discussions by panelists:
- Betty Baye, former Courier-Journal columnist known for her writings on race, politics and social justice. Baye has served as adjunct lecturer at Bellarmine University and chair of UofL’s Dr. Joseph H. McMillan National Conference on the Black Family in America.
- Denise Clayton, the first black woman to serve as a judge for the Kentucky Court of Appeals. Clayton also has been director of student legal services at UofL and associate director of the Legal Aid Society.
- Greg Haynes, former president of the Louisville Bar Association. He was recognized in 2013 as one of the Top 10 lawyers in Kentucky. An attorney at Wyatt Tarrant & Combs, he focuses on commercial and business litigation.
- David Jones Jr., president of the Jefferson County Public Schools Board of Education. He also founded Chrysalis Ventures to provide venture capital to promising growth companies in the region.
- Bill Stone, president of Louisville Plate Glass Company and known for his broad range of community and national activities, including his role on UofL’s Board of Trustees and Board of Overseers.
UofL’s Louis D. Brandeis School of Law sponsors the Brandeis Medal celebration, which includes a reception and dinner. Tickets are $60 and April 1 is the reservation deadline. Purchase tickets online or call 502-852-1230.