Speakers at the free, public symposium are nationally known experts in tax and fiscal policy. They will discuss the deficit reduction proposals currently before the bipartisan congressional team dubbed the “super committee.”
The program is hosted by the University of Louisville Law Review, the principal publication of the law school, and will be at the Chao Auditorium, Ekstrom Library, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Topics at the event include:
- Tax Reform Implications of a U.S. Budget Catastrophe
- Why We Should Never Pay Down the National Debt
- The U.S. Deficit/Debt Problem: A Long-run Perspective
- The Missing Ingredient in the Budget Debate: Phasing Out Social Security and Medicare for High-Income Retirees
- Rationally Cutting Tax Expenditures
Go to the Law Review for more information.
While the event is free, attendees must register on or before Oct. 14 by calling Molly MacCaskey at 502-852-6396 or submitting an email to UofL Law Review.