UofL faculty, staff and students already are considered museum members, but the new program would offer some additional perks like chances for free parking in the Speed garage and free tickets to Art after Dark and other social events.
Here’s how it works:
- Students, faculty and staff visit the Speed to attend lectures, social events (such as Art After Dark), film screenings; tour the permanent collection or special exhibits; take a class field trip; or research a collection for a class assignment
- After each visit, they present their “Get Caught Speed-ing” card (available at the museum front desk) and their UofL ID to the visitor services staff for them to initial.
- After five visits, they fill out the back of the card and turn it in to visitor services.
Completed cards will be part of a monthly drawing for prizes.
The program ends June 30.
The program provides additional incentives to those Speed already offers to the UofL community. Among those perks:
- Free general admission to museum and Art Sparks Interactive Gallery
- Free or discounted admission to special exhibitions
- Free or discounted admission to museum-sponsored lectures
- Invitation to Member’s Preview of exhibitions
- Member admission to The Speed Endowed Concert Series and Art After Dark
- Opportunity to join volunteer support group
The benefits are available only to those with a valid UofL ID, not guests.