The courses are part of the university’s fall 2012 Lifelong Learning program, which offers dozens of face-to-face courses as well as more than 300 online classes.
Anita Sturgill Block, who is assistant director of the program, said new offerings are typically introduced in spring and fall and are based on local interests or emerging trends.
“Since crocheting has come back into vogue, we introduced a class on that,” said Sturgill. “We also updated our wine appreciation and technology classes.”
She said that one of the program’s most popular courses—Ghost Hunting 101—will be offered again beginning Sept. 25.
Most classes are held at UofL’s Shelby Campus and cost from $39 to $185, depending on the number of sessions and related supplies or books. New offerings for fall include:
- Intro to Spirit Communication, Aug. 28, $49
- Bollywood Dance Workout, starts Sept. 20, eight sessions, $89
- Beginning Crochet, starts Sept. 22, six sessions, $89
- Digital Scrapbooking, Oct. 9, $69
- Wines for Your Holiday Table, Nov. 12, $49
Details on all courses can be found here.