The 18-member board of trustees will serve in an advisory capacity until all regulatory and church approvals are complete. They then will transition into a fiduciary role and oversee the new organization, establishing such committee structures as strategic planning, quality and patient satisfaction, audit and compliance, and finance, among others.
“I’m excited to be working with such an outstanding group of community leaders to increase access, expand service and get Kentucky ready for the future of health care,” said Bob Hewett, board chair.
At the foundation of the yet-to-be-named system is a common mission to provide the highest quality health care to the most disadvantaged and underserved populations. The partnership strengthens Louisville’s academic medical center and access to it by creating a system with more than 90 locations. It aligns academic and community physicians into a medical staff of more than 3,000 physicians to serve Kentucky and beyond.
The board members are
- Michael Ades, retired attorney, Lexington, Ky.
- LouAnn Atlas, Fifth Third Bank executive, Louisville, Ky.
- Jane Burks, Volunteers of America, Louisville, Ky.
- Jane J. Chiles, Meridian Chiles Advertising, Lexington, Ky.
- David L. Dunn, MD, PhD, executive VP for health affairs, UofL, Louisville, Ky.
- Paul Edgett, Catholic Health Initiatives, Erlanger, Ky.
- Robert Hewett, retired utility and banking executive, Lexington, Ky.
- Miller Hoffman, Hoffman Robertson Insurance, Mount Sterling, Ky.
- Robert C. Hughes, MD, senior partner, Primary Care Medical Center, Murray, Ky.
- Charlie Johnson, CEO, Immanuel Realty, LLC, Louisville, Ky.
- Thomas Mechas, MD, London Women’s Care, London, Ky.
- Robert W. Rounsavall III, owner, Dixie Real Properties, Louisville, Ky.
- Michael Rowan, Catholic Health Initiatives, Englewood, Colo.
- Adolfo (Ben) Ruiz Sr., Adhawks Advertising & Public Relations, Inc., Louisville, Ky.
- Richard Schultz, retired advertising executive, Louisville, Ky.
- Gerald Temes, MD, retired thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon, Louisville, Ky.
- Elizabeth Wendeln, SCN, consultant/facilitator, Louisville, Ky.
- Russell Williams, MD, Associates in General Surgery, PSC, Louisville, Ky.