The school year may be over, but campus is hopping thanks to the bevy of camps taking place, focused on everything from astronomy to drones to basketball.
UofL is offering over 30 academic and athletic camps this summer for toddlers all the way up to high schoolers.
The academic camps cover a wide range of subjects, such as space, engineering and diversity. A classic camp here at UofL is the Gheen Science Hall and Planetarium Camp, where participants learn all about astronomy and our solar system.
The JB Speed School of Engineering is hosting a variety of camps that provide a hands-on experience with drones, app design, and even computer programming.
UofL is even hosting a youth social justice camp. UofL’s Social Justice Superhero Camp covers diversity, inclusion and equality all while creating a community of youth who are striving for advocacy.
Almost all of UofL’s athletic programs are hosting camps this summer, some even having multiple dates. One to note is the Chris Mack Basketball Camp. This is the first time in over 10 years that a men’s basketball camp has been held on campus. Coach Mack has set up camps for every skill level, ages 4 and up.
Check out our 2019 summer camp list below:
Gheens Science Hall and Rauch Planetarium Summer Camps: June 24-28/July 15-19, students entering grades 2-4/9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost: $150 Planetarium Member/$180 UofL Affiliate (with valid ID) / $200 non-members
Hear Camp: June 11-14. Children 4-12 with hearing loss and their friends/family/$35. Location: Home of the Innocence. For more information contact: Beth Rosen, 410-603-4462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
McConnell Center’s Young Leaders Academy: June 19-22. Open to Kentucky students who have completed at least one year of high school by Summer 2019. McConnell Center, University of Louisville. For more information contact: Natalie Smith, 502-852-3947.
Social Justice Youth Summer Camp: July 22-26, 2019 (students entering grades 4-12), 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; $150 per students. Apply by June 14, 2019. For more information visit: facebook.com/socialjusticesummercamp.
Speed School Summer Camps (sign up is under the same link for all camps)
- App Development; July 8-12, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Speed School LEGO EV-3 Robotics Elementary, July 22-26, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Advanced coding- Code a Car! June 24-28, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Beginner Coding Camp, June 17-21, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Drones for middle school, July 8-12, 15-19 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- LEGO EV-3 Robotics Middle School, June 10-14, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- App development, July 15-19, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 3D printing, July 22-26, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Session #1: Youth Day Camp, June 17-21, half day (9 a.m. to noon) Grades 1-8; full day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Grades 1-8
- Session #2: Youth Day Camp, June 24-28, half day (9 a.m. to noon) Grades 1-8; full day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Grades 1-8
- Session #3: Youth Day Camp, July 8-12, half day (9 a.m. to noon) Grades 1-8; full day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Grades 1-8
- Session #4: High School Team Camp, July 12-13, 6-9 p.m. on July 12, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July 13. Open to any High School age teams (Must register as a team). Cost is $135 per player (Must make own accommodations if staying overnight)
- Session #5: Individual Skills Camp, August 24, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., open to any individuals ages 12-18. Cost is $150 per player – lunch and camp t-shirt included.
- Session #6: Individual Skills Camp, October 27, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Open to any individuals ages 12-18. Cost is $150 per player – lunch and camp t-shirt included.
- Session 1: June 17-20 (9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) 3rd-8th grade
- Session 2: July 15-18 (9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) 1st-6th grade
Session 1: June 21 (9 a.m. to noon) Ages 4-7
Session 2: July 19 (9 a.m. to noon) Ages 4-7
- June 10-13 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) 3rd-8th grade
- June 14-16 (5 p.m. to 12 a.m.) High school team camp
- June 19 (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Individual Camp
- June 3-6, Skills Camp A
- June 10-13, Skills Camp B
- June 30-July 1, Elite Camp
- July 26-28, Team Camp/Individual Camp