At its Oct. 11 meeting, the trustees authorized Dr. David Dunn to work with University Hospital to finalize and sign an agreement with one of the entities who responded to a February request for proposals.
The trustees also approved:
- A new bachelor’s degree in Asian Studies
- A post master’s certification for Acute Care Nurse Practitioners
- A new certificate in Peace, Justice and Conflict Resolution
- The 2012-13 audit plan
- The 2011-12 consolidated audit for UofL, UofL Research Foundation and the UofL Athletics Association
- An updated affiliation agreement with UofL Physicians (ULP)
The Audit Committee of the board also heard a report from Audit Services and Institutional Compliance, which reviewed recommendations in the Freeh Report and how they might apply to UofL. The Freeh Report was issued in response to a sexual abuse investigation at Penn State University. UofL President James Ramsey had asked for a review of the university’s policies and procedures and ways UofL might improve and avoid potential situations similar to Penn State.
Dave Barker, associate vice president of Audit Services and Institutional Compliance, told trustees there are 14 recommendations from the Freeh Report that might help UofL. Barker said committees are already working on some of those recommendations.
“I think this is excellent,” said trustee Robert Hughes. “We’re being proactive.”