The Belknap Academic Building Contractor, Whittenberg Construction, has scheduled closure of specific sidewalk areas, effective June 4. There are construction fence, signage and barricades that re-route pedestrian/vehicular pathways at the following areas:
- Sidewalk between Threlkeld Hall and Student Activities Center
- Sidewalk between Shumaker Research Building and new Belknap Academic Building
- Sidewalk between Lutz Hall and new Belknap Academic Building
- Sidewalk rework at South side of Lutz Hall. Work complete, area open
- Temporary delivery truck access point
- Circular turnaround south of Humanities Building closed to pedestrians and vehicles
See the map for more details. Throughout the summer months, additional sidewalk areas will be fully and/or partially closed for similar rework in the areas around the Belknap Academic Building. Additional notifications will follow.