Robin Roberts, PhD, is on campus today. Roberts is professor, Department of English, at the University of Arkansas.
Other finalists for the position are:
- Judith Grant, chair and professor, Department of Political Science, Ohio University
- Kimberly Kempf-Leonard, dean, College of Liberal Arts; professor and chairperson, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Paul C. Taylor, head of the Department of African American Studies, associate professor of philosophy and African American studies and director of the Program on Philosophy after Apartheid, Pennsylvania State University
- Kecia Thomas is professor of psychology and associate dean, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, University of Georgia
Thomas will be on campus Feb. 17 and 18. Kempf-Leonard will visit Feb. 24 and 25, and Grant will be on campus Feb. 26 and 27. Taylor’s visit dates will be announced later.
The fourth candidate for dean of the College of Education and Human Development will visit campus Feb. 18 and 19.
Larry Daniel, PhD, dean in the College of Education and Human Services and professor in the Department of Leadership, School Counseling and Sport Management at the University of North Florida, will present an open forum Feb. 18 at 10:30 a.m. in the Chao Auditorium of Ekstrom Library.
The other finalists for the CEHD dean position are:
- George Cunningham, PhD, professor, Department of health and Kinesiology, and Marilyn Kent Byrne Chair for Student Success,Texas A&M University
- Ann Larson, PhD, vice dean; associate dean for Academic Affairs, Assessment, Accreditation, Accountability and Unit Effectiveness; and professor, Department of Teaching and Learning, College of Education and Human Development, UofL
- R. Anthony Rolle, PhD, professor and chair, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, University of South Florida
For more information on the candidates for both dean positions, go to: http://louisville.edu/provost/faculty-personnel/searches/