“Evaluation and Management of Patients with Brain and Spinal Metastasis” will be held July 10 from 7:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the UofL Clinical and Translational Research Building, 505 S. Hancock St. Admission is free but pre-registration is strongly encouraged at the conference website.
“We are bringing together some of the leading clinicians and researchers from our cancer center and beyond to discuss the latest innovations in caring for patients with central nervous system cancer,” said Conference Director Eric Burton, MD, assistant professor in the Department of Neurology. “Disciplines represented include neurosurgery, radiation oncology, neuroradiology, neuro-oncology and more.”
The conference is designed both for health care providers and the general public, Burton said. “If you are a health care professional working in the neurological cancer field, if you are a patient with neurological cancer or if you are a caregiver to someone with neurological cancer, this conference will benefit you.”
In addition to Burton, presenters include:
- Donald Miller, MD, PhD, director, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, and James Graham Brown Foundation Chair, UofL
- Michael Glantz, MD, professor of neurosurgery, medicine and neurology, Penn State University
- Maxwell Boakye, MD, associate professor and the Ole A., Mabel Wise and Wilma Wise Nelson Chair in Clinical Geriatrics Research, UofL Department of Neurological Surgery
- Roy Patchell, MD, neurologist, Capital Health Medical Center-Hopewell and Capital Institute for Neurosciences, Pennington, N.J.
- Warren Boling, MD, interim chair and professor, Department of Neurological Surgery, UofL
- Vinai Gondi, MD, clinical assistant professor, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center and Radiation Oncology Consultants, Chicago
- Shaio Woo, MD, chair and professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, and the Kosair Children’s Hospital/Norton Healthcare Chair in Pediatric Oncology, UofL
Continuing education credit is available to health care providers. For additional information, visit the conference website or contact Emily Rollins in the UofL Department of Neurological Surgery at email@example.com.