Among the thousands of items on display at the 2015 Kentucky State Fare were food items, baskets, quilts, Christmas trees and other creations made by your UofL colleagues. Here’s a list of some faculty and staff members exhibiting this year:
- Donna Casey, iTech Xpress: 3rd place, decorated cakes; Rookie of the Year, Culinary Department
- Lisa Burnett, UBM, School of Dentistry: crocheted baby afghan
- Sarah Miller, adjunct professor, communications: Honorable Mention, scrapbooking pages
- Maria Tinnell, graphic designer, Office of the President: 2nd place, baskets and habanero hot sauce
- Becky Brady, business office, Brown Cancer Center: 2nd place, zucchini bread; also entered honey
- Carcyle D. Barrett, paralegal, Office of University Counsel: 2nd place, decorated Christmas tree
- Kate Snyder, assistant professor, counseling and human development: counted cross-stitch
- Bill Briggs, physician assistant, 3rd place, holiday quilts.
Congratulations to all the participants!