UofL’s Office of University Advancement presented its annual William J. Rothwell awards recently, honoring faculty and staff who have demonstrated “outstanding service in the university’s development effort for each fiscal year.”
An award is given each year in seven categories. This year’s recipients include:
- Tammy Hale, senior program coordinator, William J. Rothwell Staff Award. The Staff Award goes to a member of the advancement services team, alumni office, administrative support, donor relations or research staff who has distinguished him/herself in service specific to development this calendar year.
- Susan Duncan, dean, Brandeis School of Law, Faculty Award. The Faculty Award recipient must be a dean, associate dean, department chair, professor or associate professor who has distinguished him/herself amongst their colleagues in service specific to development.
- Lindsay Wehr, director, Advancement Communications, Colleague Award in Annual Giving. The Award in Annual Giving goes to a recipient who is a development associate or who has an annual giving-related position or responsibility.
- Danielle Jostes, assistant director of Development, Award in Development. The Award in Development recipient must be a front-line development officer (major gifts, development directors, corporate/foundation development officers or planned giving officers).
- Matt Cable, assistant director, Advancement Communications, Alumni Award. The Alumni Award recognizes an Advancement employee who has distinguished him/herself in outstanding service specific to advancing the mission of Alumni Relations.
- Ryan Ludwigsen, programmer analyst III, Advancement Services Award. The Advancement Services Award recognizes an Advancement Services employee who demonstrates outstanding performance to the unit.
- Judy Singleton, director, Gifts Administration and Training, and Jason Diffenderfer, executive director, Belknap Development, VP Awards for Outstanding Employee of the Year. The VP Award for Outstanding Employee of the Year is selected and given by the VP of University Advancement to an Advancement employee who exemplifies outstanding service (professionalism, accountability, teamwork, productivity or innovation) to the unit and university.
Each recipient is nominated anonymously and then chosen by a committee. Recipients receive $500 and a crystal award.
To be considered, recipients should have:
- Sustained a high level of productivity and consistent quality of work.
- Demonstrated a high degree of initiative in the performance of functions.
- Displayed exceptional dependability.
- Maintained effective relationships with others.
The awards are named for UofL’s former Vice President of Development, William J. Rothwell. They have been issued since 2009. Photos from the awards ceremony are available online.